Employment law is one of the firm's key practice areas. It is a highly complex aspect of the law, especially because it is constantly evolving. The stakes are high. An employer can be liable for significant damages if the proper protections are not put in place at the outset.
The firm draws from its extensive experience in advising clients about how to avoid litigation, if possible. A large part of this involves drafting comprehensive agreements which clearly outline the details of the employment relationship both at the outset and conclusion.
Additionally, the firm offers legal advice as to laws such as the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination, the New York State and City Human Rights Laws and the Americans with Disabilities Act. The firm can also provide business counseling to assist in the development of best practices and other human resource policies and procedures aimed at minimizing legal risk.
Nonetheless, the Nissenbaum Law Group understands that litigation cannot always be avoided. When necessary, it can aggressively advocate its clients' rights in the Federal and State Courts and agencies.
The firm's employment law practice includes:
- Drafting, negotiating and enforcing:
- employment agreements;
- severance agreements;
- non-compete agreements and restrictivecovenants;
- independent contractor agreements;
- shareholder agreements;
- employment manuals and relateddocumentation;
- preparing employment-related company policies and training employees with regard to those
- advising as to compliance with labor-specific and civil rights laws, such as the NJ Law Against
- Discrimination, NYC Human Rights Law and Americans with Disabilities Act.