COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
One of the first questions a business must answer is whether it makes more sense to own or rent. A commercial law firm must be able to advise a client respecting the pros and cons of each alternative.
Purchase or lease of commercial real estate
The practice of commercial real estate law runs the gamut from negotiating terms for the sale of property to multi-year, commercial leases; from land use and zoning issues to environmental concerns. The Nissenbaum Law Group has a wide-range of experience in these areas.
The firm strives to simplify the often complex legal issues inherent in transactions involving commercial real estate. It also has handled a number of litigation matters involving the resulting disputes over such transactions.
The Nissenbaum Law Group represents its clients with respect to a wide-variety of legal challenges involving the purchase or lease of commercial real estate, such as the following:
- Creating an entity to own the real estate, such as a corporation, limited liability company, partnership or joint venture;
- Addressing title and ownership issues;
- Drafting and negotiating sale agreements and closing documents, including deeds, promissory notes, security agreements, mortgages and other pre-closing documentation;
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases;
- Structuring real estate sale and lease-back transactions;
- Recording UCC financing statements and mortgages;
- Addressing pre-closing environmental issues such as those under the Industrial Site Recovery Act;
- Filing lawsuits for money damages or injunctive relief if the real estate matter becomes contested;
- Handling foreclosure, condemnation and eminent domain actions;
- Effectuating Like-Kind Exchanges Under IRC Code Section 1031;
- Appearing before municipal zoning and planning boards;
- Structuring new real estate developments, including commercial, residential and mixed-use cooperatives and condominiums; and
- Litigating commercial landlord-tenant disputes.
Publications & Presentations
Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq.
- Panelist, Construction Contracts & Getting Paid: Vital Information Every Business Should Know, Construction Expo, Meadowlands Convention Center, New Jersey, December 2007
- Panelist, Home Contracting: Getting Paid for Your Work, May 2007 (Presented as part of the Nissenbaum Law Group’s Construction Seminar Series)
- Panelist, Home Contracting in New Jersey, April 2007 (Presented as part of the Nissenbaum Law Group’s Construction Seminar Series)
- Facilitator, 2003 Mediation Training, Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County
Laura J. Magedoff, Esq.
- Presented Seminar, Construction Law: Negotiating Contracts & Filing Construction Liens, Various, 2007 – 2009
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (214) 222-0020
F: (214) 222-0029