A commercial law firm must have the breadth of experience to handle a wide-variety of employment disputes. This runs the gamut from discrimination to whistle blowing; from payroll withholding issues to contracts of employment. The Nissenbaum Law Group has a team of lawyers capable of handling such matters.
Employment law is highly complex because it is constantly evolving and the stakes are high. An employer can be liable for significant damages if the proper protections are not put in place at the outset of the employment or independent contractor relationship.
The firm draws on its extensive experience handling transactional matters. This involves drafting comprehensive agreements which clearly outline the expectations of both parties to the employment or independent contractor relationship both at its outset and conclusion. Unfortunately, litigation cannot always be avoided, and when necessary, the firm aggressively advocates for its clients’ rights in the courts and executive agencies.
The Nissenbaum Law Group represents its clients with respect to a wide-variety of employment law matters, such as:
- Drafting, negotiating and enforcing Employment agreements, severance agreements, Non-compete agreements, restrictive covenant agreements and independent contractor agreements;
- Preparing employment manuals and related documentation;
- Formulating employment-related company policies and training employees with regard to those policies;
- Advising employers and employees with regard to compliance with labor-specific and civil rights laws, such as the NJ Law Against Discrimination, NYC Human Rights Law and Americans with Disabilities Act;
- Providing business counseling to assist in the development of best practices and other human resource policies and procedures aimed at minimizing legal risk; and
- Litigating in the State and Federal Courts, as well as administrative agencies.
Publications & Presentations
Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq.
- Panelist, Legal Aspects of Sexual Harassment Claims, American Psychiatric Association, May 5, 2004
- Facilitator, 2003 Mediation Training, Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County
- Panelist, 1996 Annual Health Law Symposium
- Lecturer, Managed Care Provider Contracts, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1996
- Panelist, Recent Developments in Litigation Sanctions, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1994
- Panelist, Drafting Computer Outsourcing Contracts, New York PC EXPO, 1994
- Seminar, Recent Developments in Litigation Sanctions, Hudson County Medical Society, 1994
Laura J. Magedoff, Esq.
- Panelist, Intellectual Property Protection & Enforcement, New Jersey Bar Association Annual Conference, Atlantic City, NJ, May 2017
- Presented Seminar, Business Contracts A to Z, National Business Institute, Newark, NJ, December 2013
- Presented Seminar, 2014 Trademark Primer: Prosecution & Enforcement Strategies Every Attorney Should Know, NJICLE, New Brunswick, NJ, November 2013
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712