An integral part of business law in the twenty first century involves helping commercial clients make their way through the thicket of environmental laws and regulations.
Environmental Laws and Regulations
One of the striking aspects of environmental practice is that it is so entwined with commercial real estate law. Often, the environmental impediments can cause a potential land purchase transaction to founder. It has become virtually impossible to practice law in one area without keeping in mind the other. The Nissenbaum Law Group is particularly sensitive to the interplay between the two and constantly strives to view potential commercial real estate transactions through the environmental lens, as well.
Its environmental law practice ranges from interpreting statutes, regulations, administrative opinions and local municipal ordinances to drafting environmental indemnification and warranty clauses for leases and sales contracts; negotiating with government regulatory authorities; and working with environmental remediation experts.
The Nissenbaum Law Group represents its clients in a wide-variety of environmental transactions such as the following:
- Representing potentially responsible parties in large landfill clean ups;
- Addressing Brownfields issues;
- Handling neighborhood association lawsuits for contamination of ground water and soil;
- Negotiating resolutions of ISRA problems in connection with the sale of commercial real estate;
- Drafting extensive environmental indemnification and warranty clauses for both sales and leases of commercial property;
- Negotiating with the Department of Environmental Protection.
Publications & Presentations
- Pitfalls in Collecting a Judgment Against Individual Partners of a Partnership, The Independent Eastern Association of Equipment Lessors, Fall, 1994
- How to Sharpen Your Contract Clauses, Telemarketing Magazine, May, 1994
Classes & Seminars Presented:
- Presented Seminar, Construction Law: Negotiating Contracts & Filing Construction Liens, NJ Construction Expo, Meadowlands, 2010
- Presented Seminar, Construction Law: Negotiating Contracts & Filing Construction Liens, NJ Construction Expo, Meadowlands, 2007
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (214) 222-0020
F: (214) 222-0029