Health care professionals and practice entities face unusual challenges due to the fact that they are caught between the competing requirements of government regulation and insurer review and oversight. The Nissenbaum Law Group has experience serving the unique needs of the healthcare community.
It is an understatement to say that the layers of complication involved in health law have increased exponentially. There have been critical developments in such areas as managed care, malpractice liability, restrictive covenants, entity formation, HIPAA compliance, Stark I, II and III and the Patients’ Bill of Rights. The Nissenbaum Law Group has represented physicians, physician groups, managed care entities and hospitals in a wide range of healthcare-related legal matters.
The firm leverages its experience in corporate, litigation, technology and privacy law to add depth to its range of health law services. The firm’s Managing Principal, Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq., has been published in the area of health law and provided a number of presentations regarding that topic, including a continuing legal education seminar for attorneys.
In addition to representing medical entities and individual healthcare providers, the firm also has experience advising clients who own alternative medicine and psychotherapy practices. In addition, the firm has represented medical professionals who run consumer-related healthcare websites for the public at large.
The firm’s healthcare practice includes the following:
- Corporate formalities including operating agreements, meeting resolutions and corporate bylaws;
- Purchase or sale of a medical practice;
- Employment or severance agreements for physicians and other medical professionals;
- Regulatory issues concerning the Board of Psychology and Board of Medical Examiners;
- HIPAA compliance and related business associate agreements;
- Stark I, II and III compliance, including State counterparts;
- Managed care contracts;
- Healthcare-related collections;
- Hospital peer review proceedings;
- Egg donation contracts;
- Protection against malpractice liability;
- Restrictive covenants; and
- Medicare coverage issues.
Publications & Presentations
Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq.
- Facilitator, 2003 Mediation Training, Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County
- Panelist, 1996 Annual Health Law Symposium
- Lecturer, Managed Care Provider Contracts, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, 1996
- Seminar, Health Care: Duty of Confidentiality to AIDS Patients, New Jersey Bar Association Annual Convention; Garden State Bar Association Annual Convention, 1989
- Presented Seminar, Current Legal Issues Relating to Health Care, Graduate Studies Program in Health Advocacy, Sarah Lawrence College, 1988
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (214) 222-0020
F: (214) 222-0029