GOVERNMENT REGULATORY MATTERS
An integral aspect of commercial law involves the impact of regulation on business. A commercial law firm must keep pace with this rapidly evolving area.
There has been a tremendous increase in the number of companies that have faced administrative charges for violating local, state or federal regulations. While such enforcement actions are often resolved at the investigatory stage, our firm can also handle the resulting administrative hearings and even appeals to a court of law.
The firm’s regulatory practice includes the following:
- Responding to administrative investigations;
- Defending against administrative proceedings or sanctions;
- Responding to or initiating appeals of those rulings, as necessary; and
- Advising clients with respect to avoiding further liability.
The firm’s representation has included appearing before the following agencies, among others:
- NJ Division on Civil Rights;
- NJ Department of Environmental Protection;
- NJ Board of Psychology Examiners;
- NJ Department of Homeland Security;
- NJ Department of Banking & Insurance;
- NJ Department of Community Affairs;
- NY Department of Labor;
- NY Division of Taxation;
- Ohio Unemployment Compensation Review Commission;
- PA Department of Labor and Industry;
- MA Department of Labor and Workforce Development;
- United States Federal Trade Commission;
- United States Food & Drug Administration;
- United States Patent & Trademark Office, and the associated Trademark Trial & Appeal Board; and
- United States Copyright Office.
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (214) 222-0020
F: (214) 222-0029