CONDOMINIUM ASSOCIATION LAW
Condominium disputes can be surprisingly complex. After all, both the residents and the members of the association’s board of trustees generally live on-site; it is exceedingly hard for them to avoid being confronted daily with the issues that led to the dispute. A commercial law firm must help its clients navigate these difficult matters, while keeping in mind that the participants are, after all, neighbors.
Condominium Association matters
The legal aspects of representing condominium associations in New Jersey includes such complex and sensitive matters as the residents’ constitutional rights relating to signage; limitations on the remedy for design and construction defects; and enhanced rights to establish liens and accelerate due dates for unpaid fees and assessments.
The Nissenbaum Law Group has represented both large and small condominium associations, as well as the homeowners themselves. The firm stands ready to provide advice and counsel in this complex area.
The firm’s condominium association practice includes the following:
- drafting and/or interpreting condominium association by/laws and resolutions;
- advising the association with regard to disputes with residents;
- negotiating vendor agreements for companies performing services;
- addressing potential litigation over the activities of the association;
- bringing suit with regard to unpaid assessments; and
- preparing insurance claims with regard to damage to common areas and other such spaces.
publications & presentations
Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq.
- Panelist, Construction Contracts & Getting Paid: Vital Information Every Business Should Know, Construction Expo, Meadowlands Convention Center, New Jersey, December 2007
- Panelist, Home Contracting: Getting Paid for Your Work, May 2007 (Presented as part of the Nissenbaum Law Group’s Construction Seminar Series)
- Panelist, Home Contracting in New Jersey, April 2007 (Presented as part of the Nissenbaum Law Group’s Construction Seminar Series)
- Facilitator, 2003 Mediation Training, Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County
Laura J. Magedoff, Esq.
- Presented Seminar, Construction Law: Negotiating Contracts & Filing Construction Liens, Various, 2007 – 2009
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (214) 222-0020
F: (214) 222-0029