One of the unique aspects of construction law is the manner in which contract terms are often subject to such stringent regulation. A commercial law firm must be able to handle complex construction litigation and arbitration matters in the context of this regulatory framework.
A Nimble, Multi-layered Approach to Construction Law
One of the most significant areas of the firm’s practice is construction law. Its clients have ranged from one person start-ups to large, multi-state contractors.
The firm represents its clients in a variety of areas: from contract drafting to defending against Consumer Fraud Act lawsuits; from mediation and arbitration to State and Federal construction litigation; from filing construction liens to collecting payment for contracting services rendered.
The firm’s construction law practice includes the following:
- Filing lawsuits for both damages and injunctive relief with respect to construction projects;
- Drafting commercial construction contracts;
- Coordinating with clients to develop techniques for collecting payment from reluctant customers;
- Advising clients with regard to the requirements of the NJ Consumer Fraud Act (N.J.S.A. 56:8-1 et seq.), including the related NJ Contractor Registration Act (N.J.S.A. 56:8-136 et seq.);
- Drafting residential/home improvement contracts that are compliant with the Consumer Fraud Act and associated regulations;
- Addressing zoning and planning issues under the Municipal Land Use Laws and local land use ordinances;
- Seeking to obtain payment for construction services rendered under the State and Federal Prompt Pay Acts;
- Addressing the requirements for government bids; and
- Resolving construction disputes by utilizing alternate dispute resolution, including mediation and arbitration.
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Gary D. Nissenbaum, Esq.
- Panelist, Construction Contracts & Getting Paid: Vital Information Every Business Should Know, Construction Expo, Meadowlands Convention Center, New Jersey, December 2007
- Panelist, Home Contracting: Getting Paid for Your Work, May 2007 (Presented as part of the Nissenbaum Law Group’s Construction Seminar Series)
- Panelist, Home Contracting in New Jersey, April 2007 (Presented as part of the Nissenbaum Law Group’s Construction Seminar Series)
- Facilitator, 2003 Mediation Training, Superior Court of New Jersey, Union County
Laura J. Magedoff, Esq.
- Presented Seminar, Construction Law: Negotiating Contracts & Filing Construction Liens, Various, 2007 – 2009
Looking for advice?
We're here to help.
Contact the Nissenbaum Law Group to schedule an appointment at 908-686-8000 or feel free to use the following form to e-mail us. Please include as much information as you can to ensure that we are able to handle your request as quickly as possible.
2400 Morris Avenue
Union, NJ 07083
P: (908) 686-8000
F: (908) 686-8550
New York, NY 10005
P: (212) 871-5711
F: (212) 871-5712
1500 Market Street
12th Floor East Tower
Philadelphia, PA 19102
P: (215) 523-9350
F: (215) 523-9395
100 Crescent Court
Dallas, TX 75201
P: (214) 222-0020
F: (214) 222-0029